VengerVoldurVengerVoldur

Main News Art Reviews Stats

RougeStar Challenge RougeStar Challenge

Your space background is excellently well done, considering the use of colored pencils. I had a rather difficult time doing this with my piece, which was primarily done with colored pencils, and opted to using a free digital image of a nebula as a result. What brand of pencils did you use?

As far as the composition of the piece went, well done! I like how you took liberty to add a bit of detail to the Rogue Star. Additionally, the captain (girl with pink hair, sorry forogt her name) is very well drawnand colored, portraying the personality of the character.
I also like your lighting effects. They are mastefully executing and believable.

jreed310 responds:

I appreciate the compliments on my submission for this challenge and greatly apologize it has taken me so long to respond. Once December rolled around I just got kind of busy. I use prismacolor's for nearly everything I do. When I first started my journey as an artist I stuck primarily to graphite sketches and vary little water color and acrylic painting. As I grew and started learning more about color theory I decided to try my hand at photo realism which has been an amazing process and helpe me be able to achieve what you see in the piece above. Any questions you might possibly have I would be happy to help and maybe explain more on the thought process behind it. I'm participating in the January challenge for the new resolution if you would like to see more art from me.

#roguestar #roguestar

This 100% totally deserved to win the November Cotm, as held by Jazza over on Youtube. Congratulations!!!

Fantastic composition. I especially am fond of the slightly dirty/gritty look the whole piece has; it reminds me a lot of a 60/70's sci-fi paperback novel cover art. Well balanced characters and objects lend good symmetry and all lighting effects are superbly executed.

eazay5000 responds:

Thank you so much! that was the plan . I like the first Star Wars cover from the seventies .

Rogue Star Poster Rogue Star Poster

Fantastic submission. Great depth and excellent shading.
Love the humor in the end.

Lefvaid responds:

Thank you! I saw you're participating too, good luck!